Video streaming with freeBSD

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 18:23:18 UTC 2008

> Some year back I was meddling around with VLC (videolan) that does a pretty
> good job of the streaming part. There was issues with threads at the time so
> I let it rest though.

Do you have any Idea, how much bandwidth it takes to stream HDTV 1080i via VLC
I am assuming a T1 would not be enough upstream, unless you can buffer
with something like a 5 min lag.

> Xmltv to grab the channels listings should also work.
>
> TV cards supported should be in the handbook....

Does anyone have any HDTV cards that are known to work?

I know about the HDTV5 RT Lite, I found it on this page
http://wiki.freebsd.org/HDTV

has anyone tried it on FreeBSD?