changing architecture from i386 to amd64

Ivo Karabojkov karabojkov at kit-bg.com
Fri Aug 8 20:05:43 UTC 2008

Hi!

I have machine working with i386 version of FreeBSD 7.0 Release (after
several source updates from 6.0 during the years). Is it possible to
re-build kernel and "world" with another architecture, in my case AMD64?
I've tried to build kernel in /sys/amd64/conf, but on "make depend"
everything fails. I see it includes paths with .../I386/.. even link
machine in compile directory points to .../I386.

I hope to be able to "switch" my architecture without re-installing
FreeBSD with AMD64.