BSD Computers

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Mon Apr 21 04:13:50 UTC 2008

On Apr 20, 2008, at 19:13, Jerry Rukavina wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can’t find any out of the box computers that have FreeBSD loaded.
> Do you
> know which computer manufactures, both laptop and desktop, which can
> run
> FreeBSD? Do you recommend any particular models or know of which
> ones are
> more highly regarded? What about support? I am a newbie and would
> need some
> handholding. I will be using the computer to run a small business
> and online
> research. I would need the regular suite of productivity tools,
> hopefully an
> open source. I would like to punt MS. Thanks.

I recently purchased 2 servers from abmx.com.  I was quite impressed
by the quality of the hardware installation.  I didn't have an OS
installed, but they do offer that for FreeBSD, as they were intended
from the start to run 7.0 which hadn't been released at that point.  I
have not looked at any of their workstations as I didn't have a need
for that.