Sudo Commands on New 6.2 System Cause Last Login Message.

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Thu Apr 3 18:34:42 UTC 2008

Steven Friedrich writes:
>> 26testokcns root $sudo touch .hushlogin
>Well, it IS odd that you're using sudo when logged in as root 8o)

	I was cd'd to the /root directory, but was logged in as
me. It kind of got me there for a second, but notice the $ in
the prompt.

	Interestingly enough, sudo -v doesn't cause this
message.

>Did you edit /usr/local/etc/sudoers ?
>I tried you're commands here and I don't get the Last login message.

	I am not getting it on most other FreeBSD systems except
the newest 2 systems I just finished updating in the last couple
of days.

>In sudoers, do you have "root    ALL=(ALL) ALL" ?

Yes. That's where I added all of the users who can sudo. I even
copied it out of another sudoers file so as not to miss anybody.

	The FreeBSD version I am using is
FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p11

Interestingly, the system I am on right this minute is the same
version and does not exhibit this behavior.

Martin McCormick