xfce-4.4.1_1 strange behavior with Launch Desktop Icons.

Lisandro Grullon lisandrogrullon07 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:06:15 PDT 2007

Hi Karsten,
I was going through my .xsession-errors and looked at the following messages, as it appear, it might be something to do with thunar and soemone else previosly mention. Besides the launching of those two icons, my xfce4 is working ok. I haven't notice any other bugs yet. If you find something let us know, I'll keep searching for a solution. Lisandro

/usr/local/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your session with wtmp and utmp
/usr/local/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: running: /usr/local/bin/sessreg -a -w /var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -x "/var/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l ":0" "lgrullon"
/usr/local/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
"man hier" will explain the way FreeBSD filesystems are normally laid out.
                -- David Scheidt <dscheidt at tumbolia.com>
/usr/local/etc/gdm/Xsession: Setup done, will execute: /usr/bin/ssh-agent -- /usr/local/etc/gdm/Sessions/XFce4
/usr/local/bin/startxfce4: X server already running on display :0
xscreensaver: not found
** Message: This build doesn't include support for XF86Misc extension
** Message: Querying Xkb extension
** Message: Xkb extension found
** Message: Querying Xkb extension
** Message: Xkb extension found

** (xfce-mcs-manager:12889): CRITICAL **: find_master: assertion `mixer_handle != -1' failed

** (xfce-mcs-manager:12889): WARNING **: oss: No master volume

(xfdesktop:12892): thunar-vfs-WARNING **: Failed to connect to the HAL daemon: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
Error: No running window found