xfce-4.4.1_1 strange behavior with Launch Desktop Icons.

Lisandro Grullon lisandrogrullon07 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 26 05:52:24 PDT 2007

I try reinstalling Thunar and see if that would fix the problem. I still experiencing the same problem, those two icons would not launch propery, I am pasting my .xsession-errors.

/usr/local/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your session with wtmp and utmp
/usr/local/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: running: /usr/local/bin/sessreg -a -w /var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -x "/var/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l ":0" "lgrullon"
/usr/local/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
To see the last 10 lines of a long file, use "tail filename". To see the
first 10 lines, use "head filename".
                -- Dru <genesis at istar.ca>
/usr/local/etc/gdm/Xsession: Setup done, will execute: /usr/bin/ssh-agent -- /usr/local/etc/gdm/Sessions/XFce4
/usr/local/bin/startxfce4: X server already running on display :0
xscreensaver: not found
** Message: This build doesn't include support for XF86Misc extension
** Message: Querying Xkb extension
** Message: Xkb extension found
** Message: Querying Xkb extension
** Message: Xkb extension found

** (xfce-mcs-manager:44045): CRITICAL **: find_master: assertion `mixer_handle != -1' failed

** (xfce-mcs-manager:44045): WARNING **: oss: No master volume

(xfdesktop:44048): thunar-vfs-WARNING **: Failed to connect to the HAL daemon: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

** (xfce4-session:44042): WARNING **: xfsm-shutdown-helper.c:94: Failed to connect to the system message bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
** Message: xfsm-shutdown-helper.c:215: HAL not available or does not permit to shutdown/reboot the computer, trying sudo fallback instead.

Any light to this weird issue would be appreciated. I hope is not a software bug. Lisandro

BTW. Thank you for your response Norberto.