Video chipset hardware list

Harry Matthiesen Jensen freebsd at elgert.dk
Tue Oct 2 08:42:22 PDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 06:01:56PM -0400, Bob Johnson wrote:
> On 10/1/07, Harry Matthiesen Jensen <freebsd at elgert.dk> wrote:
> >
> > I have tried to lookup a hardware list  "video chipset supported"
> >

> I have had pretty good results looking at man pages for individual

OK, you're right, there is good infomation there, thanks to the FreeBSD
doc group ;-)

> The "Xorg -configure" command is quite good at selecting the correct

..good hint.

> The x.org web site is a poor place to look for documentation, so you

Strange, but as long they're working on the drivers I shouldn't complain
;-)

> should probably look at the man pages at freebsd.org if you haven't
> already installed x.org on your system.

I'm looking for a "new" computer, so just to make sure that the video
will work, I wanted to se a support list, but the FreeBSD man's are OK

--
Mvh/Brgds Harry
FreeBSD mugin.localhost 7.0-CURRENT #8: i386