CVS tags

Björn König bjoern.koenig at alpha-tierchen.de
Mon May 7 07:21:02 UTC 2007

> I have been spending a lot of time building machines at work. Our
> engineers  want to have the machine in question to have a specific
> version of FreeBSD, ie. FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE-p11 for example. I have
> noticed that there is not a CVS tag for this in the tree. Is there
> a specific reason why we do not tag the tree for the patch levels?

Although it should never be necessary to use -p11 explicitely, you can get
it if you use RELENG_4_11 and the date 2005/06/30 00:00:00 for example.
The appropriate line in your supfile looks like this:

*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_11 date=2005.06.30.00.00.00

The file src/sys/conf/newvers.sh contains the version number. You can
determine the date in the CVS repository.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh?f=u&only_with_tag=RELENG_4_11&logsort=date

Regards
Björn