DomainsKeys/DKIM with Postfix - Questions

PeterPluta peter at placidpublishing.net
Mon May 7 06:09:23 UTC 2007

I'm currently running FreeBSD 6.2, Postfix, Amavisd-new, Spamassasin,
Dovecot, and ClamAV for my mail setup. I've been meaning to add Domain
Keys/DKIM for a while now, but I don't really know where to start. I
understand the basic concept, but it seems a bit confusing as you get into
it.

Has anyone here sucessfully set it up? I've been following this guide
http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/a...docs.html#dkim and found the
confusion to start when they recommend using both Domainkeys and DKIM. I
thought DKIM is a replacement for the older Domain Keys? I've noticed Gmail
has both Domainkey and DKIM headers. What the point of using both? Also, can
I send mail from virtual domains I have without the DNS check being invalid?
Say I send mail with a TO: peter at testdomain.com and my mailserver's
hostname/domain is mail.mydomain2500.com, will that be rejected? The port
for DKIM seems to be broken too! :(

I'd appreciate someone chiming in.

Cheers,
Ferrarislave