safe0 and kernel panic

Sam Leffler sam at errno.com
Thu Mar 22 16:31:07 UTC 2007

Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> "Rajkumar S" <rajkumars at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Further to my previous mail.
>>
>> On 3/20/07, Rajkumar S <rajkumars at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> safe0 mem 0xf6120000-0xf6121fff irq 22 at device 10.0 on pci0
>>> safe0: cannot allocate DMA tag
>>> device_attach: safe0 attach returned 6
>> While running cryptokeytest from  /usr/src/tools/tools/crypto
>> test 0
>> cryptokeytest: /dev/crypto: No such file or directory
>>
>> So it seems the driver is not really up.
>
> Seems like it.  I can see where the safe(4) device might depend
> completely on DMA.

I have no context.  I see a device not attaching for some reason.  Then
/dev/crypto not being present (is cryptodev loaded in the kernel?).  But
a subject line about a panic.

If you've submitted a PR please send me a pointer.  Otherwise you might
consider submitting one w/ details like what version of freebsd you're
running.

	Sam