Corrupted OS

Drew Jenkins drewjenkinsjr at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 15:04:20 UTC 2007

You have probably already read those details in another one of my emails between when you emailed and when I responded to yours, but in case not, here it is again:

I executed a bad command on my old server which I am convinced damaged a 500 GB HD I had. The server farm says otherwise, but it is in their best interest to talk a lot and do as little work as possible...and rake in more money for screwing up OS's, etc. So I had them build out another server which I built out after they got me up. First, however, I built a mirror server here and wrote down every command I executed in building it, to make sure there would be no mistakes. Then one day, all of a sudden, when I wasn't doing any work at all in the given areas, two of my databases got wiped: MySQL and one of my Zope instances' Data.fs, both of which were symlinked to the SCSI HDs from the 500 GB HD. This is exactly what happened on the old server, except on the old one it happened because of an erroneous copy command. Now, strange little things are happening for which there is no logical explanation other than corruption of the OS...exactly what transpired on the old server.
 Well, that's more detail than in my last email ;)
TIA,
Drew