Don't buy AMD products (was Re: Xorg and ATI card query.)

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Tue Mar 13 20:47:41 UTC 2007

On Tuesday March 13, 2007 at 03:58:34 (PM) Nikolas Britton wrote:

> We need to start hounding on AMD to publish the developer
> documentation for all radeon chipsets. I for one will not buy any AMD
> or ATI components until they decide to fix the problem.

Do you in your wildest dreams actually believe that will make an iota of
difference? The vast majority of those components are purchased by PC
manufacturers; not the everyday PC user. If you really want to try an
effect a change in policy, and personally I believe Don Quixote had a
better chance at success, you should try enlisting the support of PC
manufacturers.

--
Gerard

Clark's Law: Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable
from malice.