Don't buy AMD products (was Re: Xorg and ATI card query.)

Kip Macy kip.macy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 21:46:02 UTC 2007

Please be very careful. The only real alternative (Intel comes and
goes) is Nvidia whose driver is binary-only for i386 (no amd64
support) and has a history for being notoriously buggy. I only buy ATI
because of the problems I keep seeing people have with the Nvidia
driver. I have a friend who has basically abandoned his dual-head
Nvidia card due to recurring issues.

                        -Kip