Unable to mount DVD-R Media

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Sat Jun 9 01:34:53 UTC 2007

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 18:34:33 +1000
Ivan Carey <ivan at careytech.com.au> wrote:

> It happens with all blank  dvd -r
>
> It also happened when writing to cd-r in k3b . The disk was written to
> but when the verification ot the files written th error occured. The
> files were written ok.
>

> a dvd and cd that has been burnt mounts ok
>
> Do you think the problem could be with k3b?

i dont know, i dont use kde.

what happens if you use the OS provided tools:

# from an ISO
growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/cd0=BURN.iso
# From FS
growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/cd0 -R -J -V VolID ./BURN/

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"So limp of brain that for them to conceive an idea is to risk a haemorrhage. So limp of body that their purple dresses appear no more a dixative of housing nerves and sinews than when they hang suspended from their hooks"
   Mervin Peake, "Gormenghast", chap. 2, on the Earl's twin sisters