Making a new libmap.conf for linux emulation

Sereno Ternullo serenoternullo at virgilio.it
Tue Jun 5 22:30:42 UTC 2007

Norberto Meijome ha scritto:
> On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 00:54:32 +0200
> Sereno Ternullo <serenoternullo at virgilio.it> wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>> I made too many mistakes configuring my /etc/libmap.conf file and now
>> I'm having problems with my "linux sub system".
>>

> why do you think you have to do that for?

I'm slowing understanding the source of my disaster.
Watching to my /compat/linux/ dir, and recognizing it as a Fedora Core 4
base system,
I had the insane idea of installing an entire Fedora core 4 system by
unpacking all the RMPs
found on the first ISO image of the linux distribution.

# mount /dev/md0 /mnt/FedoraISO
# cd /mnt/FedoraISO
# for rpm in *.rmp
 > do
 > rpm --ignore-os -i --root-install /compat/linux ${rpm}
 > done

After these commands I had my problem with ldconfig and the linux
emulation.

Now the strangest thing: my /etc/libmap.conf file disappeared.

* I didn't have to install any rpms ?
* I was sleeping and issued rm libmap.conf ?
* someone logged into my system hacking my password by ssh ?
--> I will check my logs

I don't know.

However, my libmap.conf was missing.
I tried to adjust it by hand, but I'm not that expert, and everything I
do about it
is useless.

Can anyone of you post me his own libmap.conf file with basic linux
emulation ?

I'm running FreeBSD 6.2 , GENERIC,
the linux base installed system is Fedora Core 4.

Thank you all,
Sereno.