Mapping USB ugen 802.11g adapter to ndis

Brian J. McGovern mcgovern at spoon.beta.com
Sat Jan 13 03:01:03 UTC 2007

All,
	I have a USB 802.11g (DLINK) adapter that I would like to use to
access a wireless network. I've been able to download the Windows drivers,
convert them in to the kernel module, and load the module.

	However, when I plug the adapter in, the ugen driver picks it up.

	Historically, when I've had a new device, I had to tweak the USB
driver to recognize the manufacturer and model. However, in the case of
ndis, I've only found /usr/src/sys/dev/if_ndis/if_ndis_usb.c, which doesn't
seem to have such a list.

	Can anyone point me to how I can get the ndis driver to take ownership
for the USB device in question? Or is USB NDIS support just not there yet?

	-Brian