[OT] advice on wikis and bulletin boards

Andrew Gould andrewgould at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 13 03:39:42 UTC 2007

Strategic planning will be starting soon at my new place of employment, and I'd like to setup a place on our intranet to facilitate discussions and planning prior to meetings to reduce meeting times and make meetings more productive.  This would be a new activity for this organization, so we'll start with just our own office.  User permissions will be needed for security.

I've used bulletin boards before (phpbb); but they don't seem to be well designed for group editing of documents.  I've noticed that wiki's have become very popular; but I'm not sure how well they facilitate discussions.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew L. Gould