(postfix) SPAM filter?

Jorn Argelo jorn at wcborstel.com
Wed Dec 19 11:33:09 PST 2007

Eric Crist wrote:
> On Dec 17, 2007, at 2:36 AM, Jorn Argelo wrote:
>

>> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 00:20:50 +0530, Girish Venkatachalam
>> <girishvenkatachalam at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> was
>>> do.
>>>>

>>> I have heard this said elsewhere too.
>>
>> Yes don't rely solely on greylisting unless you're a lucky guy and
>> don't get a lot of spam.
>

> I hear a lot of people saying that greylisting doesn't work, when I
> have actual numbers for my network proving it does.  These numbers are
> from the first week of May 2007 to today:
[snip]

I'm not saying it doesn't work. As a matter of fact, we're making
effective use of greylisting as well. With spamd you can see the sender
address and the HELO for example, so you can make nice scripts of
trapping forged e-mail addresses, incorrect HELO commands, empty sender
addresses, stuff like that. Just the greylisting process itself is only
working so-so in our environment.

All I'm saying is that greylisting is a start and not a solution :) But
like I said, YMMV.

Jorn