(postfix) SPAM filter?

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue Dec 18 16:07:03 PST 2007

On Dec 17, 2007, at 7:56 AM, Eric Crist wrote:
> I hear a lot of people saying that greylisting doesn't work, when I
> have actual numbers for my network proving it does.  These numbers
> are from the first week of May 2007 to today:
>
> Greylisted/Rejected Messages:	187560
> Spam Tagged Messages:		  3806
> Virus Tagged Messages:		     0
> Bounced Messages:		     7
>
> Total Messages Sent:		   761
> Total Messages Delivered:	 25345

I'd second the recommendation, although my stats don't keep long-term
track of the difference between something greylisted and something
bounced due to policy-weightd.  Over the past year, I've had:

Rejected Messages:	1,624,353
Spam Tagged Messages:	39,633
Virus Tagged Messages:	2947
Bounced Messages:	7609

Total sent:		103,433
Total received:		122,614

About 93% of the incoming traffic gets rejected permanently (via
policy-weightd) or temporarily via greylisting; of the remainder,
about 40% is tagged as spam and about 3% is tagged as viral.

--
-Chuck