FreeBSD 4.11 binary compatibility (libm.so.2, etc)

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 28 14:31:07 PDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 02:23:42PM -0700, Jon Drukman wrote:

> > > thanks!  that got me past one error, now i'm stuck on libcrypt.so.2
> > >
> > > is there a port for libcrypt compat?  (i didn't find anything obvious by
> > > searching on *compat* or *crypt*)
> >
> > It's part of the same freebsd compat ports.
>

> It's not in compat4x.  On a whim I tried installing compat5x and that
> provided the missing library.

Sounds right, although what the binary is doing is not correct and in
principle it may not work properly.  If you have run it before then it
will continue to work as well as it ever did though.

Kris