FreeBSD 4.11 binary compatibility (libm.so.2, etc)

Yuri Pankov yuri at darklight.org.ru
Tue Aug 28 15:15:41 PDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 02:23:42PM -0700, Jon Drukman wrote:

> > > thanks!  that got me past one error, now i'm stuck on libcrypt.so.2
> > >
> > > is there a port for libcrypt compat?  (i didn't find anything obvious by
> > > searching on *compat* or *crypt*)
> >
> > It's part of the same freebsd compat ports.
>

> It's not in compat4x.  On a whim I tried installing compat5x and that
> provided the missing library.
>
> thanks
> -jsd-

It *IS* in compat4x, but not installed by default due to vulnerabilities in
OpenSSL, you get more info by issuing `make FORCE_VULNERABLE_OPENSSL=yes` in
compat4x's dir. And if you are absolutelly sure that you can live with it, you
can force installation of vulnerable libs - please read ports(7) manpage to find
out how to do it (just a safety measure on my part :-).

HTH,
Yuri