cvsup-mirror supfile configuration for specific source

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Thu Apr 26 11:45:46 UTC 2007

Don't top-post, please.

"Anthony Human" <anthonyh at korbitec.com> writes:

> Thanks for the response.
>
> However, I'm trying to avoid having to download the entire cvs tree
> considering I only need the source 5.5 Release or 6.2 Release. The ports
> tree would be great as well.

Well, you can certainly do that.  Just set the prefix and tag
variables differently for the different branches.  Ports aren't
branched.

> The CVS Repository is 3.1 GB which is a rather large amount for us to
> download.
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/hubs/mirror-requirements.html

Right now I seem to have about 1.6G for src and 1.2G for ports.
Still, it's a one-time expense; your ongoing download requirements
may even be a little *smaller* for keeping the whole cvs tree.