Shell PATH not being reread

Sean Murphy smurphy at calarts.edu
Thu Apr 12 17:29:35 UTC 2007

I have just installed FreeBSD 6.2 Release.  I su to root and run

pkg_add -r cvsup-without-gui

It installed fine

I edited the ports-supfile
cd /usr/share/examples/cvsup
vi ports-supfile

but when I go to run

cvsup -g -L 2 ports-supfile

It tells me it cannot find the command

I logout completely then login again and su and I can now run the same
command from the /usr/share/examples/cvsup directory.

It seems the path is not being rebuilt or reread when I added that
package but when I logout and login it works.  I know I can type in the
the full path and command but was wondering if there was a solution to
reload/rebuild/reread the path so I don't have to login/logout/login

env for myself is
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/smurphy/bin
SHELL=/bin/sh

env for root is
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin
SHELL=/bin/csh

Thanks.