How to Print from WIN XP to Samba

Derrick Edwards derrick at uniquestrength.net
Sun Oct 29 16:28:35 UTC 2006

	Hi,
I am having problems setting up windows XP Pro to print to SAMBA Print Server. I have an HP PSC 2210, using the HPLIP CUPS driver.  I am printing fine from the FreeBSD box that it is attached to. I can browse to the printer however, once I connect to it, it says that the correct driver is not provided. I downloaded the Windows Driver for the printer (rw2_021_w02_enu.exe), and printed fine from the XP box so I know that the driver is there and works.  When prompted for path of driver, I browse and select the executlable (rw2_021_w02_enu.exe) however, it onlys wants the .inf file. I dont know that .inf file that XP wants. Can someone help me out on this. Thanks in advance.
v/r
Derrick

snip smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]

netbios name = WORKHORSE
server string = focus
security = share
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50
dns proxy = no
ldap ssl = No
#guest account = clamav
restrict anonymous = no
domain master = no
preferred master = no
max protocol = NT
server signing = Auto
guest account = cyrus
printcap name = cups
disable spoolss = yes
show add printer wizard = no
acl compatibility = winnt

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
printable = Yes
use client driver = yes
guest account =
printer name = HP_PSC_2200_Series_USB_MY2BLF50W60G_HPLIP
guest ok = yes