Problems with SATA 2 hard disk while installing FreeBSD 6.1 RELEASE AMD 64

Angelo Turetta aturetta at bestunion.it
Sat Oct 21 10:23:33 UTC 2006

COKYAZICI wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to install FreeBSD 6.1 RELEASE AMD 64
> on a new computer I bought, it has a ECS C51GM
> motherboard, with one SATA 2 hard disk, and an AMD
> Athlon 64 4200+ X2 on socket AM2. When I boot with the
> install CD, it crashes before starting the sysinstall,
> just after it finishes showing the details about the
> DVD writer, which I presume happens when it's checking
> for hard disks.

Although your motherboard seems different, you may be experiencing the
problem described in:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?450BD996.8090104 (and referenced
messages)

Please try one of the 6.2 BETA at the page below (even the bootonly
mini-image): if it is the same problem it will recognize your disks.

http://www.freebsd.org/where.html#helptest

Angelo.