Anyone using sysutils/nut ?

Mikhail Goriachev mikhailg at webanoide.org
Wed May 24 19:44:24 PDT 2006

Tuc at T-B-O-H wrote:
> 	The issue isn't with the upsmon or SHUTDOWNCMD... Its with the
> fact that /etc/killpower gets set, and somewhere you need to put
> "upsdrvctl shutdown". Its during the "shutdown -p now" that at some point
> needs to be run, and if its run in /etc/rc.shutdown then the shutdown isn't
> finished and shutting it off at that point the filesystems are dirty.

Oh, I see the dilemma now. In my case my box powers off but the UPS
stays on till it drastically dies (if power is still unavailable).
You're trying to shutdown both the system and the UPS, aren't you? So
then they can automatically come back up again when power returns.

Cheers,
Mikhail.

--
Mikhail Goriachev
Webanoide

Telephone: +61 (0)3 62252501
Mobile Phone: +61 (0)4 38255158
E-Mail: mikhailg at webanoide.org
Web: http://www.webanoide.org

PGP Key ID: 0x4E148A3B
PGP Key Fingerprint: D96B 7C14 79A5 8824 B99D 9562 F50E 2F5D 4E14 8A3B