Anyone using sysutils/nut ?

Tuc at T-B-O-H ml at t-b-o-h.net
Wed May 24 18:39:24 PDT 2006

> >> My bad.  I did edit rc.shutdown on both a 5.4 and a 6.0 system with no
> >> troubles.  The end of my file shows this:
> >>
> >> # Inserted next 5 lines March 13, 2006 for UPS shutdown.
> >> if (test -f /etc/killpower)
> >> then
> >> echo "Killing the power, bye!"
> >> /usr/local/libexec/nut/upsdrvctl shutdown
> >> fi
> >>
> >> echo '.'
> >> exit 0
> >>
> > 	But doesn't that immediately shut down your system causing it
> > to need FSCK when it comes back up?
>

> Hi,
>
> I got the following line in /usr/local/etc/nut/upsmon.conf:
>
> SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -p now"
>
> As far as I'm concerned the system powers off cleanly without the need
> of FSCK.
>
> Cheers,
> Mikhail.

	The issue isn't with the upsmon or SHUTDOWNCMD... Its with the
fact that /etc/killpower gets set, and somewhere you need to put
"upsdrvctl shutdown". Its during the "shutdown -p now" that at some point
needs to be run, and if its run in /etc/rc.shutdown then the shutdown isn't
finished and shutting it off at that point the filesystems are dirty.

		Thanks, Tuc