Reducing the size of /

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Fri May 12 09:42:02 PDT 2006

bsd <bsd at todoo.biz> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Most of the files that are "large" seems to be located in /usr/ports/
> distfiles/
>
> What will be the effect of deleting some of these files ?

If you reinstall those ports, you'll have to download the files again.

Unless you have very limited Internet access, cleaning out
/usr/ports/distfiles is a pretty safe way to free up space.

--
Bill Moran

Well, let's see. We killed Simon and River, stole a bunch of medicine, and
now the captain and Zoe are off springing the others got snatched by
the Feds.

	Kaylee