Broken apache after upgrade and addition of php4.

Graham North northg at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 18 19:50:19 UTC 2006

I am running FBSD 4.11 with Apache 1.3.33-ssl, now upgraded to
1.3.34-ssl after doing a cvsup plus portupgrade.   All continued to work
well, with the new 1.3.34 (but not sure if I had done a reboot to put
new program into play).   I then added php4 via the mod-php4 port.
After rebooting, Apache would not run, claiming syntax error in the
config file....

I had added a couple of lines to httpsd.conf as per instructions at the
end of the php4 install (have since commented them out again), but
httpsd refuses to run.    Cannot find any "accidental" changes to the
config file and am stumped.
Suggestions?

Thanks,  Graham/

--