HP PSC 1610 Multifunction

David Wassman opensrc.root at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 22:59:52 UTC 2006

Hey all,

Does anyone have any experience getting an HP PSC 1610 to work with FreeBSD.
I am running 6. I got the printer working under cups and samba. But I would
like to get the scanner working using SANE and possibly twainsane.

So far I have tried to load the uscanner.ko but got no recognition. I have
umass and ulpt loaded and get the following at boot or when I plug in the
HP:

ulpt0: HP PSC 1600 series, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2, iclass 255/204
ulpt0: using bi-directional mode
umass0: HP PSC 1600 series, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2

Does anyone know if the HP Linux Image and Printing Driver can be used?
Maybe a port somewhere other than the ports collection? Or is there som