Mail client like mulberry

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue Mar 14 23:39:19 UTC 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:15:07 -0600
"Donald J. O'Neill" <donaldjoneill at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It doesn't filter folders, however it has a "Next Unread Folder"
> > command, which makes it directly switch to the next folder with
> > unread messages in it.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Benjamin
>

> Yes, Kmail does filter folders, if you're talking about filtering
> messages that come in from e-lists (such as questions@) and moving
> them to a designated folder. The filters are easy to set up.

I think the original poster meant the virtual folders that only show
folders with new email - not email filtering (which is, I'd say, a
must have feature of any software worth calling itself mail client).

> The
> folders can show how many messages are in the folder,how many are new
> and will decrement the new filter count as they are accessed. It can
> also remove duplicate messages from a folder.

sylpheed-claws can do all this, as well as creating processing (as well
as filters, of course) rules (which I have NO idea how or what to use it
for ...but i does sound cool :D). supports IMAP and identities,
like thunderbird. IMAP is not a problem at all.

and I have all my folders with new email in a nice bright blue (vs.
grey for folders w no unread email, and black for folders with unread
email, but no new email)

PGP inline and SMIME works great too.