Mail client like mulberry

Donald J. O'Neill donaldjoneill at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 19:15:23 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 14 March 2006 12:40, Benjamin Lutz wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 18:15, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> > > What does this "New Messages" feature do?
> >
> > It's like Favorites, except it only displays folders that have new
> > messages in them.  I have so many folders that it's a real PITA to
> > have to scroll through 20 that have no new messages in them just to
> > get to 10 that do.
> >
> > It also needs to be SMIME/PGP aware and handle IMAP gracefully
> > (according to the RFCs, not like MS crap.)
>
> How about KMail then. It's SMIME/PGP implementation is very good (and
> it renders signed content very nicely too imo) and works great with
> IMAP. It can be comfortably used with the keyboard only (much more so
> than, say, Thunderbird).
>
> It doesn't filter folders, however it has a "Next Unread Folder"
> command, which makes it directly switch to the next folder with
> unread messages in it.
>
> Cheers
> Benjamin

Yes, Kmail does filter folders, if you're talking about filtering
messages that come in from e-lists (such as questions@) and moving them
to a designated folder. The filters are easy to set up. The folders can
show how many messages are in the folder,how many are new and will
decrement the new filter count as they are accessed. It can also remove
duplicate messages from a folder.

It is one heck of an e-mail client and I haven't found anything to touch
it.

Don