Dual Core vs HyperThreading vs Dual CPU

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Wed Jan 11 16:09:59 PST 2006

On Jan 11, 2006, at 12:36 PM, Danial Thom wrote:

> Wait, I can "download music, run a virus scanner
> and play games" all at the same time? wow. Wait,
> I can do that anyway. Does each core have its own
> hard drive too?
>
> I wonder how many meetings they had before they
> came up with that "description" of the benefits
> of dual core technology. People are so easily
> bamboozled.
>
> DT

	No kidding. But I doubt the competence of people that buy computers
from big name manufacturers, unless they bought it maybe for server
applications, large scale deployment of machines, etc. Gotta love
their little Flash graphics with the "balls" representing "bits",
just hopping along the CPU/cores... lol.
-Garrett