freebsd 6.0 network question and throughput

ann kok annkok2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 15:04:11 PST 2006

Hi all

I use the ipref software (andrew P suggests) to test
the freebsd 6.0 network throughput

both the server and client are running freebsd6.0 with
intel giga em0, polling

I did test it in switch or cross-over cable to connect
each other

it seems to have limit to 390M

Could you teach me how to max the network throught?

I use the freebsd as router

I couldn't put in the production to test it

Thank you for your help

ipref -c ipaddress
client connecting
TCP window size: 65.0 KByte (default)
[3] 0.0-10 sec            390 MBytes         328
MBytes

ipref -s
Server listening on TCP port 5001
TCP window size: 64.0 KBytes (default)
[4] 0.0-10 sec        390 MBytes              328
MBytes