Matrox G450 DVI console

Mark Knight markk at knigma.org
Tue Jan 10 15:44:14 PST 2006

Running an up-to-date 6.0-STABLE with xorg-6.8.2.  System is a dual Dell
PIII with a PCI Matrox G450 to a single DVI flat panel on screen one. No
second monitor.  mga_hal port installed.

It all works a treat until I switch from X back to the console with
SHIFT-ALT-F1.  This give me a blank screen with a monitor driven pop-up
showing "Invalid refresh rate".  If I then ALT-F7 to switch back to X
the display returns normally.

Any idea how I can get a clean switch from X to the console please?

For logs see:

   <http://www.knigma.org.uk/scratch/090105.txt>

Disabling ACPI (on a hunch from Google) didn't make any difference.

Cheers,
Mark A. R. Knight                               finger: markk at knigma.org
Tel: +44 7973 410732                            http://www.knigma.org/