Haven't been able to make world in about a year

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue Feb 28 07:03:30 PST 2006

On 2006-02-28 09:52, Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:

> He means to run mergemaster -p before make installworld, as in the
> instructions quoted at the top of this email and in /usr/src/UPDATING.
> Also, the documented sequence *does* include installing the kernel, so
> I don't know what you mean there either.

Yes, thanks Kris.

Sorry for the buildworld/installworld confusion.  I meant right before
'make installworld'.

There are cases where 'installworld' will try to chown files to a newly
added system account (i.e. `_dhcp'), but will fail, leaving a half-installed
system if you don't run ``mergemaster -p'' before ``installworld''.

This is why I suggested *avoiding* a scripted, unattended build and install
cycle, until the OP who started this thread is comfortable that his builds
and installs are indeed going to succeed.