Haven't been able to make world in about a year

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Fri Feb 24 09:26:51 PST 2006

Kristian Vaaf wrote:

> The point is I've been having this problem for so long,
> and none of the developers are willing to help me.
>
> This is one of the reason I think, why most people these
> days seem to go (back) to DragonflyBSD.
>
> I certainly am going to.

Did you even try the suggestions I posted?  Did you bother to report
back whether they worked?

Did you follow up to Giorgos questions?  Or to Donald J O'Neill's?  Or
to illoai at gmail.com's?  No, you just came back and whined.

Developers have better things to do than fix problems which are mostly
caused by people not following the instructions correctly, or thinking
that they knew better than the instructions.  The problem you have is
guaranteed to be a configuration problem on *your* system because 99.9%
of people out there have no trouble at all.  I want the developers to
spend their time doing just that, developing, not responding to
questions that us mortals can usually handle.  You may think that your
problem is important enough to rate a developer fixing it for you but I
doubt that many people here would agree with such a judgement.

Looking through the archive, I could find on one question from you on
this topic, from Dec 31st 2005, which is certainly not the year in your
subject line, and not a great time to expect speedy responses .  You did
get a reply from Kent Stewart, and again you didn't reply at all.  How
could anyone possibly know that his suggestion didn't work for you?  So
far I count 5 different people who have attempted to help you with this
issue and so far I see not one single piece of feedback from you on how
their suggestions worked out.

Please, switch to DragonFly.  You could also try shooting yourself in
the foot, and cutting off your nose to spite your face.  I gather some
people enjoy that kind of thing and you would seem to be one of them.

Welcome to the select few on my kill list.

--Alex