error starting samba

Jason Williams jason at seanet.com
Tue Feb 7 16:02:24 PST 2006

On Feb 6, 2006, at 10:06 AM, Gayn Winters wrote:

> [...]

I'm having the same issue using FreeBSD 6.0 Stable. Last week I
updated the ports and source tree, rebuilt world and the ports using
portupgrade. I get the exact same error message at startup. After
startup I can start samba without problems, but it's annoying. I've
reinstalled samba and related packages, but I get the same errors.

When we move to our production server I plan on installing FreeBSD
6.0 Release instead of Stable so maybe it's not an issue. Or is it a
problem on 6.0 Release as well?

Thanks,
Jason Williams
University of New Haven