Is there reference manual for sh?

ajm ajm91qw at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 30 22:18:47 PST 2006

On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 06:22:09PM -0600, Lane wrote:
> On Saturday 30 December 2006 12:22, a at zeos.net wrote:
> > >
> > > 	In you mean within FreeBSD, try:
> > >
> > > 	man sh
> > >
> > > 	or
> > >
> > > 	man builtin,
> > >
> > > 	As a user, the O'Reilly _UNIX in a Nutshell_ I bought many
> > > years ago was a very wise investment.
> > > 	If you want to hack the code ... the start with the code.  And
> > > good luck.
> > >

> > > 				Robert Huff
> >
> > I need any online complete manual on sh, not a brief as it is man sh.
> > The last one doesn't describe many features both interactive (command line
> > editing, using history interactively, and many others)
> > and scripting (for example, conditional expressions).
> Here's a "brute-force" manual:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> for each in `find /etc/rc.d`
> do
> more $each
> done
>
> If you need more than what is there then you probably need Kernigan and
> Ritchie's The "C" Programming Language, (still) available on amazon.com.
>
> lane

How about the following:

http://www3.cons.org/cracauer/bourneshell.html

http://steve-parker.org/sh/sh.shtml

http://www.unixreview.com/columns/schaefer/

or try the following and search for     bourne shell

http://www.onlamp.com/bsd/

these are all starting points...hope this helps.
--
Alexander
FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE i386