FreeBSD 6.2/AMD64: supports TYAN Tomcat n3400B motherboard?

Peter A. Giessel pgiessel at mac.com
Wed Dec 13 09:02:54 PST 2006

On 2006/12/13 4:47, O. Hartmann seems to have typed:
> TYAN Tomcat n3400B motherboard (TYAN S2925G2NR).
[snip]
> The main question is: will FreeBSD 6.2/amd64 work with this board?

I don't see it on the list of tested motherboards.  If compatibility is
really important to you, check the list:
http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/amd64/motherboards.html

It may work, it may not.  Just because its not on the list, doesn't mean
that it won't work, it just hasn't been tested. OTOH, it may not be on
the list because it doesn't work.  Just from skimming the list, it seems
that many nVidia chipsets have issues with their ethernet controller.