Optical PS/2 Mouse ???

a at zeos.net a at zeos.net
Sat Dec 9 06:59:58 PST 2006

On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 12:24:45PM +0100, P.U.Kruppa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I invested 5 EUR in a nice Optical PS/2 mouse and I can't get it working with
> FreeBSD, neither on console nor on xorg.
> The mousepointer will only show up once on screen and then seems to vanish
> somewhere in the lower border.
> Of course the thing works wonderfully when I boot into windows.
>
> Does anyone have a working configuration ???
>
> Thanks,
>
> Uli.
>
> Some data:
> ----------
> FreeBSD pukruppa.net 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #0: Tue Dec  5
> 07:50:41 CET 2006
>

> Originally my mouse identified as
> 	psm0: model IntelliMouse Explorer device ID 4
>
> Somewhere in the net I found the idea to set
> 	hint.psm.0.flags="0x200"
> now I get
> 	psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> flags 0x200 irq 12 on atkbdc0
> 	psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> 	psm0: model Generic PS/2 mouse, device ID 0
>
> In my xorg.conf I have
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Mouse0"
>         Driver      "mouse"
> #       Option      "Protocol" "auto"
>         Option      "Protocol" "ps/2"
> #       Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
>         Option      "Device" "/dev/psm0"
>         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
> EndSection
>
> (I experimented with the #'s)
>

> Peter Ulrich Kruppa
> Wuppertal
> Germany

I have a nice Optical PS/2 mouse and it works fine both on console and
on xorg.
But I use FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE

psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
psm0: model IntelliMouse, device ID 3

There are the following hints:

hint.psm.0.at="atkbdc"
hint.psm.0.irq="12"

I did not touch any hint since standard installation, and the kernel
detects the mouse as IntelliMouse.

Elisej Babenko