Optical PS/2 Mouse ???

P.U.Kruppa ulrich at pukruppa.net
Sat Dec 9 03:24:30 PST 2006

Hi,

I invested 5 EUR in a nice Optical PS/2 mouse and I can't get it
working with FreeBSD, neither on console nor on xorg.
The mousepointer will only show up once on screen and then
seems to vanish somewhere in the lower border.
Of course the thing works wonderfully when I boot into windows.

Does anyone have a working configuration ???

Thanks,

Uli.

Some data:
----------
FreeBSD pukruppa.net 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD
6.2-PRERELEASE #0: Tue Dec  5 07:50:41 CET 2006

Originally my mouse identified as
 	psm0: model IntelliMouse Explorer device ID 4

Somewhere in the net I found the idea to set
 	hint.psm.0.flags="0x200"
now I get
 	psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> flags 0x200 irq 12 on atkbdc0
 	psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
 	psm0: model Generic PS/2 mouse, device ID 0

In my xorg.conf I have

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier  "Mouse0"
         Driver      "mouse"
#       Option      "Protocol" "auto"
         Option      "Protocol" "ps/2"
#       Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
         Option      "Device" "/dev/psm0"
         Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

(I experimented with the #'s)