NGE Network Driver Problem.

Jeremy Karlson karlj000 at unbc.ca
Fri Aug 25 20:55:20 UTC 2006

> On 24-Aug-06, at 22:17, Robert Huff wrote:
>> 	Probably.  The chip name means a Realtek <ptui!> 8169, and that
>> takes the re() driver.
> Unfortunately, this didn't work out for me.  I tried a bit of other
> fiddling as well and didn't get any change in behaviour.  I'll just
> take the card back and maybe try a D-Link <ptui!> one with a
> different chipset.

After doing some digging, I've found that there was a patch applied to
RELENG_6, modifying the sk driver to ignore my revision of card, and
instructing the re driver to attach.  This is probably why it works for
Robert and not for me; he's probably running 6 <something>, while I'm
still on 5 STABLE.

Applying the patch to these drivers myself is not a problem, but I'm just
wondering if this can / will / will ever be pushed into the RELENG_5
branch.  Does anyone know, or at the very least, who I should be talking
to?

Thanks.

-- Jeremy