NGE Network Driver Problem.

Jeremy Karlson karlj000 at unbc.ca
Fri Aug 25 15:05:08 UTC 2006

On 24-Aug-06, at 22:17, Robert Huff wrote:

> 	Probably.  The chip name means a Realtek <ptui!> 8169, and that
> takes the re() driver.

That's pretty much the same way I feel about 'em.

> 	Shouldn't hurt.  I fixed mine by
> 	a) removing both re and skc from the kernel config file
> 	and
> 	b) adding
> 	if_re_load="YES"
> 	to /boot/loader.conf.  Your mileage may vary.

Unfortunately, this didn't work out for me.  I tried a bit of other
fiddling as well and didn't get any change in behaviour.  I'll just
take the card back and maybe try a D-Link <ptui!> one with a
different chipset.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

-- Jeremy