Horizontal Streaking on Monitor

Chris cdtelting-ml at comcast.net
Tue Aug 15 03:33:47 UTC 2006

My Video card is an old origional Geforce 256 SDR.   I am experiencing
horizontal streaking in graphics and text mode.  But after fouling
around in X11 it's very noticable.  I thought it might be the scan rate
but text mode doesn't have a high scan rate by default.  The monitor is
fine.  And why I am using a KVM I get the same results connecting the
monitor directly to the video card.  I'm thinking it's the video card in
conjunction with the mothboard because I never had any trouble with that
card before.  Any ideas?

Chris