Horizontal Streaking on Monitor

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Tue Aug 15 04:14:35 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006, Chris wrote:
>My Video card is an old origional Geforce 256 SDR.   I am experiencing
>horizontal streaking in graphics and text mode.  But after fouling
>around in X11 it's very noticable.  I thought it might be the scan rate
>but text mode doesn't have a high scan rate by default.  The monitor is
>fine.  And why I am using a KVM I get the same results connecting the
>monitor directly to the video card.  I'm thinking it's the video card in
>conjunction with the mothboard because I never had any trouble with that
>card before.  Any ideas?

Most of the problems I've seen like this when using KVM switches
are due to flakey cables< usually el-cheapo KVM cables.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``Capitalism works primarily because most of the ways that a company can be
scum end up being extremely bad for business when there's working
competition.'' -rra