access to Echange server via IMAP

Matthias Apitz m.apitz at oclcpica.org
Wed Aug 9 13:25:12 UTC 2006

Hello,

Our central mail server is Exchange (please no comments :-))

On my FreeBSD notebook I'm using as MUA mutt, fetchmail with
IMAP to get the e-mail and sendmail to send mail over to the
Exchange, so far so good and I'm happy with it.

Btw: one could even access the INBOX with something like
$ mutt -f imap://server/
but fetchmail is better, I think.

The only problem is access to common address books. Is there
some IMAP-client in the ports or elsewhere for FreeBSD for fetching
the address books from the Exchange server? Or does anybody know
how to do this speaking IMAP with telnet like:

$ telnet server 143
Connected to server
* OK Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 IMAP4rev1 server version 6.5.7638.1 (server) ready.
A0001 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ....
A0001 OK CAPABILITY completed.
A0002 LOGIN "apitz" xxxxxxxxxxxx
A0002 OK LOGIN completed.
A0003 SELECT "Public folders"
A0003 NO This a special mailbox and can not be selected or used as the destinati
on for mailbox operations.
A0010 LOGOUT
* BYE Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 IMAP4rev1 server version 6.5.7638.1 signing
 off.
A0010 OK LOGOUT completed.

Thx

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC PICA GmbH