access to Echange server via IMAP

Atom Powers atom.powers at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 15:30:19 UTC 2006

On 8/9/06, Matthias Apitz <m.apitz at oclcpica.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Our central mail server is Exchange (please no comments :-))

In my experiece MS Exchange support for IMAP is very poor, even when
using MS Outlook. (Especially when using MS Outlook?)

> The only problem is access to common address books. Is there
> some IMAP-client in the ports or elsewhere for FreeBSD for fetching
> the address books from the Exchange server? Or does anybody know
> how to do this speaking IMAP with telnet like:

I don't think it will work, but it really depends on how the address
books are stored; it's been a few years since I had to fight with MS
Exchange.

If you are Active Directory integrated, you may be able to use the
directory as if it was an LDAP server ('cause it kinda is) and pull
data out of it that way.

But you should take this to an MS Exchange list.

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--