Interesting problem with packages, how to fix if corrupt

Andrew Falanga af300wsm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 23:35:53 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,

If I do pkg_info with nothing else, all looks well.  However, if I do
"pkg_info | grep <package_name>"  (which I do frequently so I don't
have to read through the entire list) I get these two errors:

pkg_info: the package info for package 'portupgrade-2.0.1_1,1' is corrupt
pkg_info: the package info for package 'ruby18-bdb4-0.5.7' is corrupt

How would I go about fixing these packages, or at least fixing the
package information?

Thanks,
Andy