Adding a FreeBSD Gateway on a DSL/ ATM circuit

Murray Taylor MTaylor at bytecraft.com.au
Thu Aug 3 23:33:53 UTC 2006

look at the defaults in /etc/defaults/rc.conf

specifically look for lines with gateway in them
ie    gateway_enable="NO"

copy the appropriate lines into /etc/rc.conf

edit
ie    gateway_enable="YES"

You will need to set the the default_route line also to point
to the isp  I  think ...

HTH
mjt

The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.

E-mails may not be secure, may contain computer viruses and
may be corrupted in transmission. Please carefully check this
e-mail (and any attachment) accordingly. No warranties are
given and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage
caused by such matters.